Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas is a very exciting time! I love spending time with family at this very special time of year! We have a very busy couple of days filled with fun and events. On Christmas Eve we go to my Mom and Dad's and eat snack food and the kids dress up like the nativity scene and my Mom reads a little nativity story. She usually has us watch a movie something that will help bring the spirit of Christmas to us. Then we go home and have Christmas with our own families, Christmas morning is always so exciting, the boys can't wait to see what they got! This year they both asked for guns. Branson got a shot gun and Carson a BB gun. Then at 10:00 am we go to eat breakfast at my Grandma Kent's house, we have been doing for as long as I can remember. My Grandma won't have it any other way. She is such a sweetheart! My cousin said it is like putting 40 people in a mini van, and it's just not healthy. I said we aren't very healthy people anyway! I can't imagine not being able to go to Grandma's on Christmas morning I have been doing it my whole life. I will miss it when we aren't able to do it anymore! Then we go to My Mom and Dad's again for lunch and to open our gifts from them and give them our gifts. This year one of our favorite gifts that Dad gave was a popcorn cart for the Grand kids that stays at his house. The kids thought it was so awesome. My Dad had to push snow most of Christmas Day, we missed him! Then later that evening we go to Roberta's house to be with Rod's family. She is very considerate of everyone and has her party in the evening so that we can get to all of our family activities. We had a great Christmas, we hope all of you do too!

1 comment:

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

It looks like ya'll had a blast. I sure do miss you guys. I thought about you a lot over the holidays. It was weird not being at your mom's house with everyone. I'm glad you had a great time! Happy New Year!