Monday, December 8, 2008

GINGERBREAD HOUSES

Rod's Mom makes gingerbread for everybody in the family. The couples get one to share and the kids each get their own. It is a lot of work for her, but she really enjoys doing it for everyone. We put our houses together the first Sunday in December every year.

The boys love to do this! Carson's favorite part is putting the house together and decorating it. That's what he said anyway, I think he really enjoys eating the candy too.


Branson's favorite part is eating it on New Year's Day. Rod remembers eating theirs on New Year's Day when he was a kid. I think it is kind of gross, because it gets dusty, but boys don't really care about that. Branson even put candy inside of his and said that it is a secret vault only to be opened on New Year's Day.





This is ours, however I did all of the work, Rod does'nt really get into it. Mine always looks about the same every year, this year I tried wheat thins on the the roof for shingles. I don't get to creative, I like to keep it simple. I like mine to be color coordinated of course in Red and Green. This is a fun tradition. Thanks Roberta for all of your work!






3 comments:

RSHORSES said...

I love your houses. They are so cute. Missed you guys also. It snowed today all day up here I hope we get enough snow that we can have fun. How did branson do this last weekend.

Our Newman 6 said...

Those are so fun but WOW that is alot of work Roberta does GOOD JOB GRANDMA! Branson is quite the smart one maybe he will share his candy inside the vault with you it won't be dusty or stale.

Jamie Kent said...

Those are just cute!